This past two weeks have been focused on finishing the ASSETS paper. We have been pro-active in making sure that the paper was completed prior to the deadline.
This week, we presented at URCAD. We had our regular scheduled meetings and arranged for Friday to be our deadline to have the other portions of our ASSETS paper completed. Next week, the ASSETS paper will be due so we are going to plan to make final edits next week. In addition, we completed and submitted our CREU Final Report yesterday.
We are focusing mainly this week on writing the ASSETS paper.
I finished writing the methods-Class 2 section and I did some edits on the main ASSETS paper. I will continue to write sections of the ASSETS paper. We arranged, Braxton, myself and Sam are going to be in attendance to present for URCAD next week.
On Monday, we had a meeting where we discussed our upcoming roles for the end of the semester.
On Wednesday, Braxton and I had a meeting with one of former PAD Lab employers, Stacy, where she gave us helpful feedback and advice on our ASSETS paper. Braxton and I also reviewed our analysis together and saw some interesting findings from the students.
Thursday, we are scheduled to have a meeting to discuss the outline of our ASSETS paper and plan on writing for the ASSETS paper. In addition, we will look over Sam and Nick’s survey analysis.
On Friday, I will register for the TAPIA conference since April 15th is open for registration.
My plans for next week are to focus on the crutch grip and continue writing for the ASSETS paper.
This was a very busy week for everyone. On Monday, we met to discuss our plans and everyone’s responsibilities for the UMD Class Session. During the week, I prepared a more extensive description of the case studies provided by Karen for my colleagues. In addition, I made a presentation for the students. On Wednesday, I did a dry run TinkerCad presentation. I also researched some links for the students where they may google medical 3D models. On Thursday, 04/01, Nick and I presented. I presented a TinkerCad tutorial and Nick did a 3D scanning tutorial. We went through the presentation with the students and circled around to answer their questions. After the class , we submitted on our google drive our observations from the class. This week, we printed the models the students made and Sam will be going tomorrow to discuss the 3D prints with the students. During this week, I will go back to prioritizing myself with the crutch grips.
This week was a very productive week. We have a lot of work these next upcoming weeks. Next week, we have our class with the Physical therapy students so we have been prepping for the class.
My responsibilities this week are :
– create 15 min presentation on TinkerCAD
– simplify case studies